• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Honda 18/20 hp vs Kawasaki 19 hp

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am a big fan of Honda engines. Pretty much everything about them I like. Their durability, ease of use, very little problems, easy to find parts for the most part, etc... I try to get everything I can with Honda engines on them. JMO

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
I dont own a honda but i have heard good things about them. I own 2 kawasaki's and I really like them both. They are smooth running and fuel efficent and seem to have lots of torque

supermini z

LawnSite Member
I would go with the honda engine. I think it is very smooth and quiet. I think it is built a little better then the kawaski but the kawaski is on top too. the big thing is the kawaski has more torque then the honda because it runs at like 3500 rpms and the honda only runs at 2500 rpm's. I have the 24hp honda on a hustler supermini z. And have had no problems at all. If you really need the torque go with the kawaski but if you don't then go with the honda.

OP
G

gwfrangia

LawnSite Member
Thanks to all.

I went with the Kawasaki on a Mini Z. Got a nice buy from the dealer in Elkton, Maryland.

I'll post on my buying and using experience in the near future.