1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Honda 21" HR215?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Mar 5, 2004.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Found this for $175 Firm. 10 year old machine. Is it worth me driving 1 hour to see? I have never seen these and i don't know much about them. I just want to get the opinions of those who have them.

2. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

This is not a commercial mower, I believe this is one of the masters series. Do you know what letter designation comes after 215? SXA,HXA or HMA One is a three speed, another is hydrostat drive, one is Hydro with electric start, but being 10 years old should be a metal top, so it might not be any of those designations. If it has a metal top on the engine shroud it might be worth looking at. My honda's are designated HRC216, but I do have a homeowner HR215 that is a metal top and it has been great (owned by a little old lady who only mowed on Sundays). I am sure being a Honda it is a good mower, but not sure what kind of mowing you do if it would hold up.

3. KathysLGC

It's a hydrostst drive. The guy said he has a tractor and used this as a trimming mower where he couldn't fit his tractor. But as a shopper you can never beleive what you hear untill you see and test it. I just don't want to waste an hour drive.

4. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Can the guy take a digital picture of it and email it to you? That might save you a drive.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

HR215 is not the commercial series. But it will last a long time for general use. These have plastic wheels,5 hp motor, no wear bars on deck bottom. And maybe a folding handle ( lighter duty ).

6. KathysLGC

Guess I'll pass. I will need one for comercial use. My Murray 6hp still runs like new so I'll keep that. I thought this Honda was a comercial one.

7. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure it is not a HRC215. If so, those are commercial.