1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Honda 4514 riding mower experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landcruiser, Apr 3, 2005.

1. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

I just bought a Honda 4514 riding mower with 42" deck. Just wondered if any of you had experience with the mower. Comments on cut quality, durability? Mine isn't operable yet so I have never cut with it. Just wanted to know what to expect.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

There's not very many 'riding mower' (aka lawn tractor) users here and from what I've been exposed to, Honda riders are pretty rare. Do they even make them anymore??? I don't think you'll get much input here.

However, most of what Honda builds is great, so tht 4514 probably will be too.

3. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

most of the twin cyl hydro hondas are good units, plenty of power, the 14hp twin on our old tractor makes my 18hp briggs look like a 5hp minibike motor

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I agree on what they say. You are better posting this in the homeowners forum rather than here. Lawn tractors are just not productive enough.