Honda Changes The HRR 21" mower

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
looks good but wont buy another Honda w/the twin blade system. Great for leaves and likely packing more grass in a bag but terrible mulching performance if grass is thick or wet.

Digitaria Sanguinalis

LawnSite Senior Member
looks good but wont buy another Honda w/the twin blade system. Great for leaves and likely packing more grass in a bag but terrible mulching performance if grass is thick or wet.

Must be a Northern thing. Mulches wet Bermuda and Zoysia like confetti. Quality of cut is far superior of anything Toro/ Exmark offers. I own both a HRC216, Toro 22298, Toro 22210 and the Honda win hands down.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Yea. I hear it works on Southern turf.

Up here it sucks. Balls up the grass. Clumps follow the mower if mulching lush. Have and had HRC and HRX

Last edited:

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
No offence to Southerners but you haven’t really cut grass until you deal with over fertilized Northern Spring Turf after a heavy snow melt.
The guys who cut st aug and Bermuda might disagree. They get thick just not juicy like fine fescue and creeping bents . It's easy enough to run one blade on the Honda just cut the top blade down so it's a spacer , not a blade. My HRC216 mulches with anything with some mods, just a ridiculous trim mower with it's long handlebar. HRX 217 will never mulch Cool season well, to narrow on chute side to keep grass in the deck , leaves a trail instead of even dispersion. Looks like the new mower is the same thing.

Last edited: