1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Honda Commercial mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcat175, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend (homeowner) looking at a 2000 60" Honda hydro walk behind with an 18hp honda engine. I didn't even know that they made a 60". Anybody ever use one or have any comments?

2. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have had one for about six years and it is a great mower. Haven't had any problems. It cuts great and is very easy to handle (I'm a very senior citizen). I bought a Ferris 1000Z 48" this year but kept, and still like, my Honda. Since I haven't needed any parts I don't know how well Honda is supporting these mowers since they dropped their commercial line.

3. bobcat175

Any specs on the pumps? They look a little small. Also any flexing with the frame? Doesn't look that sturdy.

honda.jpg

4. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I don't have any specs on the pumps but the frame and entire unit is built like a tank. Seeing your picture reminds me to say that the majority of the time I've used a sit on sulky that I built for it with no problems.

5. bobcat175

thanks - any issues with the pulleys/spindles? Also do you know why they dropped the commercial line?

6. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I haven't had any issues with the machine since I purchased it new. I don't know why they dropped the line. My speculation is that, like most of their equipment, it's was expensive and people weren't willing to pay the price.