Honda commercial mowers

B-2 Lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Just got off the phone with the John Deere sales guy, I was looking at buying another commercial walk-behind. He told me that he would no longer be selling John Deere walk-behinds. He said that they would selling the one Honda that is a commercial mower. I looked at a Honda last year and was not impressed, anybody run the Honda?

mikeypizano

LawnSite Senior Member
I will be getting one this weekend if all goes as planned.

Petr51488

LawnSite Silver Member
I have 3 of them and they are built like tanks. Very reliable. I use them strictly for bagging though so i cant tell you much if you will mulch with them.

mikeypizano

LawnSite Senior Member
First Honda and first commercial mower for me. I have ONLY seen Honda on trucks here and everyone I asked about them, they LOVE them.

StihlMechanic

LawnSite Bronze Member
The HRC honda is the only true Commercial Honda. Drive shaft driven. Designed to eliminate problems associated with morning dew and belt slippage as well as bagging given the BBC. Great mowers, well worth the high price IMO.

HRX, HR, HRR, and even the HRM are homeowner units, FYI.

OP
B

B-2 Lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for all the replies guys. I still want to see one and take it for a spin, in a month and half may-bee. LoL! we haven't had much of a winter here I hope it doesn't hit in may.

chuacro

LawnSite Senior Member
Starting my 5th year with a hrc216. I replaced the throttle cable last year and have to work on the front height adjusters every 2 years. They like to freeze up. Yeah a little heavy. I would only buy another small walk behind if it was this quality and easy to use in a little bit of bigger size.

Petr51488

LawnSite Silver Member
The HRC honda is the only true Commercial Honda. Drive shaft driven. Designed to eliminate problems associated with morning dew and belt slippage as well as bagging given the BBC. Great mowers, well worth the high price IMO.

Exactly right. The homeowner unit's do cut very nice, if not better than the commercial. I find that they have more of a vacuum. Their transmissions only last around 100 hours (residential mowers)

pugs

LawnSite Gold Member

They offer the HRC in push too...not that anyone buys them LOL.