1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Honda Commercial Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redmowers, Sep 30, 2000.

1. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Does anyone out use honda commercial mowers? I just bought a HRC 7013 ,a 13 hp hydro with a 48" deck. How do you rate them ,quality of cut, durability etc.

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't heard to much about the honda's, but 13hp for a 48 hydro seems under powered??

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its a good motor for honda, it should be fine for the 48".

4. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

As 65 said, the Honda 13 will be adequate on that deck for most applications.

Honda has a loyal following out there...almost a subculture. My opinion is that they are well built, thoughtfully designed machines. The dual lever hydro adjustment on the dash is a strong point.

Maximum ground speed is a little low compared to other hydro walk behinds...

Overall, it's not the one I would choose, but it is a solid piece of machinery.

5. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

The part I liked for a fixed deck was the quick change height adjustment (within a range) no tools required.Over changing height on belt drive fixed deck I was looking at,that seemed to be a pain to change cutting height. The 13 hp seemed too small for a 48" ,but after using it it is not seems well matched to the deck very good on gas too.

6. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Honda makes a fantastic engine no doubt about it. The rest of the mower is built by Bunton/Textron. They build a good machine and have proved themselves to Honda.Like turfquip said, not my 1st pick but it is a good one.