Honda Commercial Push mower or Toro with Kaw?

rkmcniel

LawnSite Member
Just wondering before I make a purchase. I was surprised to see that the Honda weighed more than the Toro. I currently use the Honda HRX217 and love it...just wonder how long it will hold up, & does the commercial Honda at almost twice the price cut that much better...or is it just going to last longer? Thanks for any feedback.

rbljack

LawnSite Senior Member
I have no comparison to the 217, but I can say that Ive been VERY happy with my Honda HRC216. Great reliability, in fact...its had the best reliability of the mowers ive used so far. I just purchased the Lazer, so time will tell on that one.

But I can tell you that the Honda has had better reliability then the Exmark 30, and it uses the kawi engine. I had a few small problems carb problems with it.

OP
R

rkmcniel

LawnSite Member
At 122 plus lbs does it seem really heavy to turn, etc?

Dr. Cornwallis

LawnSite Senior Member
I have one of the Toro commercial mowers. It's definitely quite heavy. It also works way better as a bagger than it does as a mulcher (in my experience)
Posted via Mobile Device

ebone capone

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've had both the hrc216 and the hrx217, and I actually like the 217 better. I didn't really like the controls on the hrc, and it was a pain to turn around in tight spots. Also the engine seemed underpowered and bogged down easier than the 217. It did seem well built though. It was a tank. No experience with the Toro.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
R

rkmcniel

LawnSite Member
I've had both the hrc216 and the hrx217, and I actually like the 217 better. I didn't really like the controls on the hrc, and it was a pain to turn around in tight spots. Also the engine seemed underpowered and bogged down easier than the 217. It did seem well built though. It was a tank. No experience with the Toro.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's so good to hear from someone that has had both the 216 & 217. Thanks!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums