Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice, tech tips, or can guide me to an online service manual, please? I need step-by-step instructions. . .or at least some tips from someone whose done it before. . .

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Best solution is disconnect it and check the oil each use.

If you do replace it get a seal and crankcase gasket. You pull the side cover off, replace the sensor, replace the gasket and seal and put the side cover back on.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info pug. Sorry I'm just now posting back. It is actually bypassed as is the on/off switch (which I'm also replacing). Anyhow, will this require that I drain the oil?

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
will this require that I drain the oil?
Yep, Drain and save making a mess. The side cover as mentioned must come off.....

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do I need to clean the gasket and seal seats (what do I use to scrape it off)? Do I need to put any kind of sealant on the new ones before I put them on?

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
I use my ole Barlow pocket knife VERY carefully not to gouge the aluminum. On the seal surface just wipe with carb spray cleaner on a rag, Do the same on the block and cover gasket surfaces to remove any oil.

I spray a lite coat of paint on both sides of pan/side cover gaskets and install while still tacky. Once the engine heats up the first time that thing is sealed snug as a bug in a rug. The use of gasket sealers can change crankshaft end play specifications.

Install the seal in the cover dry.....

Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.