Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Bought A Honda Tiller From A Friend. He Did Not Drain The Gasoline To Storage It And It Won't Start? It Will Run If You Use Starter Fluid, And Then Goes Off. I Noticed The Fuel Filter In The Tank Isnot Attched Tothe Fuel Line. What Do You Suggest I Do At This Point? I Cannot Find A Parts List On Line For This Unit? Thank You For Your Time. Nick

·
Registered
958 Posts
I Just Bought A Honda Tiller From A Friend. He Did Not Drain The Gasoline To Storage It And It Won't Start? It Will Run If You Use Starter Fluid, And Then Goes Off. I Noticed The Fuel Filter In The Tank Isnot Attched Tothe Fuel Line. What Do You Suggest I Do At This Point? I Cannot Find A Parts List On Line For This Unit? Thank You For Your Time. Nick
Just a check list;
Drain all fuel from tank/lines and carb
Remove carb bowl and clean main jet with air line if possible(under bowl fitting screw)
Check you have a strong spark and renew plug.
Before fitting new plug place your finger over plug hole and crank engine to check compression
Reassemble and charge with fresh fuel.
Pull starter rope (make sure choke is on) and listen to it burst into life.
Easy :usflag: Good luck Phil

=

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil,

My unit does not have a bowl, it has a priming bubble. I took your advise and along with that I cleaned the carb/ needle valve and orfice. It since has fired up and i am doing the preventive maint. new plug, oil change and greasing the worm gear on the tranny. thanks again. Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.