Honest Opinion of Badboy???

OP
L

landscaper22

LawnSite Silver Member
As far as those talking about the deck or spindles being sealed, I would not have it any other way. With this unit having over 800 hours they are still going strong. I would rather they be sealed. Some units require you to grease the spindles almost daily. Who has time for that?

Your 2018 radius X is 3 yrs old.
With only 800 hrs, doesn't seem like your over using them to me.
If your happy with a brand and are familiar with them I'd stay the course.

There is nothing wring with the brand I use. I have been using Exmark since 2003ish. But, I was thinking if I could save at least $2000 for another unit that doesn't seem to be lacking in quality any more than what I have, then it may not be a bad idea. I guess trying to demo one would be good too. I don't know. I am just itching to try something new I guess. Seems most companies I see around town have "their brand", and sometimes I wonder if the brand they choose is for a good reason. Have they discovered something I have yet to discover? Am I spending too much on Exmark. And then too, new dealers come around sometimes, and being a little closer and easy to deal with, I wonder if I should give them an opportunity. I see what you are saying though. If Exmark hasn't let me down, why leave them. I guess price more than anything for what seems to be about the same quality.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
As far as those talking about the deck or spindles being sealed, I would not have it any other way. With this unit having over 800 hours they are still going strong. I would rather they be sealed. Some units require you to grease the spindles almost daily. Who has time for that?
There is nothing wring with the brand I use. I have been using Exmark since 2003ish. But, I was thinking if I could save at least $2000 for another unit that doesn't seem to be lacking in quality any more than what I have, then it may not be a bad idea. I guess trying to demo one would be good too. I don't know. I am just itching to try something new I guess. Seems most companies I see around town have "their brand", and sometimes I wonder if the brand they choose is for a good reason. Have they discovered something I have yet to discover? Am I spending too much on Exmark. And then too, new dealers come around sometimes, and being a little closer and easy to deal with, I wonder if I should give them an opportunity. I see what you are saying though. If Exmark hasn't let me down, why leave them. I guess price more than anything for what seems to be about the same quality.

Also look at warranty on both machines. One might be 3 yrs commercial use, and the other 1 yr commercial use.

OP
L

landscaper22

LawnSite Silver Member
Also look at warranty on both machines. One might be 3 yrs commercial use, and the other 1 yr commercial use.
Ahhh Good point. I will have to check on that. I know Exmark has a good warranty and they generally brag about it. Now that you mention it, I do not recall seeing it on the Bad boy site.

OP
L

landscaper22

LawnSite Silver Member
I looked and Exmark has a 4 year or 1000 hour warranty on the Radius X and the Badboy Outlaw has a 2 year on most things. Something to consider. By the time the warranty is up on Exmark it is time for a new one anyway...

OP
L

landscaper22

LawnSite Silver Member
Do you see others using a bad boy in your area?
I see some around but I don't know of any personally to ask how they like the mowers. I do see a lot of people that have large properties buy them. I only know one person that bought one for their church and he loves it. The dealer posts on their FB page when someone buys one. They would take a photo of the person with the mower on their trailer when they were about to roll off the lot with a unit. I would see posts saying so and so form abc xyz lawn care business, so people are buying them for business I guess.

Top Forums