1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hopefully My New Company Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Jul 31, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Going to the bank 2morrow to get a loan.
    $9000.00
    1995 Ford F350 XLT 4x4
    7.3L Turbo Diesel 180,000 miles
    Interior is immaculate. Power windows and locks Rebuilt heavy duty transmission
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

At this time I am driving a 1995 f-250 and am trying to get ahold of a low mileage 94-96 f-350 7.3. Let me say a few things, first off watch out that the truck wasn't pulling a gooseneck around the country most of its life. For some reason, a lot of these years 2 and 350's up for sale were used for 5th wheel towing. Not saying that this one was, but make sure it isn't. Second, if this is a solid truck then that is a good deal. Third, if you do buy it, your going to love the towing power of the 7.3 . I've driven a few before and one for a night plowing. good luck with the loan and post pics of it in your drive sometime!

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow...i am very very jealous now... do whatever it takes to get that thing! beautiful truck, now i hope you take the running boards off!

4. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

nice truck! that has always been my favorite body style.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Even if that truck was pulling for a while, it never hurts to run the engine at load a bit. That 7.3 is a damn good engine. Its a bit up there with 180k but its got lots of life left in it.

I think the price is a bit high though, as you can get a 99-05 range used with under 80k for right around 19k-25k. Thats a crew cab fully loaded.