Hoping to get advice on a self-propelled, push mower bigger than 21”

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by chocula, Apr 20, 2018.

1. chocula

chocula LawnSite Member
    from Waxhaw

My yard is about an acre with a big hill in the backyard that has to be mowed with a push mower. I do own a riding mower, but it needs to be repaired.

I will sometimes bag, but mostly mulch. I have a craftsmen mower now that runs just fine, but at 21”, it takes a long time to cut the grass.

I am looking for a suggestion on a mower larger than 21”. The reason for considering a bigger mower is that it would cut down on my mowing time.

I have looked at a Honda (21” though), cub cadet and the Toro Timemaster. I am open to any mower, but just happened to look at those. The problem is that for every great review, i find another one that says they are bad mowers (excpet the Honda).

I am not exactly a young guy, so i think the self-propelled option would be best. I will get some exercise but hoping the bigger mower speeds the cutting time.

I will skip cutting the backyard sometimes so the grass can be pretty thick and tall after two weeks.

What mower would you recommend?

Thank you

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Check out a larger walk behind like a 36. All the big mowers companies have a 36.

That Guy Gary likes this.