Horse Burial

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I ended up accepting $400, he was wanting to give me 500 but I told him no. As far as pricing, I try and keep my minimum around there. It’s also worth noting that this job was an hour drive each way! So it basically ended up being a half day job. It was deceased since last Thursday, so this was an extremely unpleasant thing to do. And it was just a really weird experience, the guy was kind of crying at the beginning. It was also just weird picking it up and getting it down in there with him watching. I was worried about accidentally poking it with my forks or something, but luckily got it done without anything going wrong.

Im definitely not going to advertise this service, but if I ever get another call for something like this I would be fine with $3-400 depending on how far the job was. Which still sounds kind of high to me, but I wouldn’t want to do it for any less.

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
One final pup picture. I was taking lunch in the bobcat last summer and he wanted some. These are great dogs he has!
1C87FBA6-E8D8-4BD6-8792-18CAE326461B.jpeg

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I am glad I did this job for this guy though, he was incredibly thankful. Feels good when you do a job that helps someone out like this (as opposed to the typical, elective landscape projects)
6D38C524-0BE3-493F-BE4C-F2E4C7A7ACAB.jpeg

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I don’t think it’s appropriate to post pics of the dead horse, aren’t my pics of the hole and backfill enough?!

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I sent it to you in a DM, I just don’t really think I want to post it on here. The whole thing was a little weird

hedgehog_MI

LawnSite Silver Member
Great customer of mine who we have done over 100,000 in work for over the last two years. I have dug a hole for a horse for him once but they just lost another and it’s too large for him to move by hand. So he wants the whole package this time, he wants me to dig the hole, then move the deceased horse around 500 feet, bury her and backfill. Horse is around 400lbs.

He texted me last night and really needs done this weekend. I almost said I’ll do it for free but I bit my tongue when I realized he wanted the whole burial.

I don't need to look further for more details or addendums to the story: I would do it, and have done similar acts myself, for free, if you know him to be an animal person and the horse was meaningful to him.

OP
rclawn

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
For this customer, I probably would have done it for free if needed. He is extremely wealthy and would not let me take less than 400 for it. He knows that I live an hour away and that most of the job was just driving/ loading. Apparently last time they had one pass, Someone driving by called the police!

Top Forums