Hose bib/Water access point in the middle of a yard?

stang2244

LawnSite Senior Member
We maintain a yard that has an older irrigation system. In a few different areas it has a little outlet/hose attachment type thing sticking straight out of the lawn about 4". We are always very careful working around them but managed to hit one at the end of last year. The connection just snapped off, it was attached with a 3/4" riser which is a pretty simple fix. Snow came early last fall and this ended up not getting fixed. Over the winter the fitting that stuck up out of the yard was lost and now I need to replace it. I remember it has a little spring loaded flip up lid and I thought the homeowner said it was for hooking a hose to. It didn't look like any hose hookup I have ever seen and I have no idea where to get this piece. Does anyone have a clue what this is and where I can find one? I know that without a pic it is very tough to say, but if you could even tell me the name so I can look up different types of this part that would be great.

S.O.Contracting

LawnSite Member
It sounds like a 3/4 inch quick coupler valve. They take a special key top connect the hose. If the homeowner has other one you may want to check brand cause some take different style keys.

OP
S

stang2244

LawnSite Senior Member
That is exactly what it is! Thank you! I need to go look at the other one on the property to make sure I match it but I looked at a quick coupler online and it's just what I'm looking for. Thanks again!