Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my guys ran over a customers garden hose either with the mower or trimmer, there is a slice in it and the customer called me about it, i told him id take care of it, he currently has tape on it but it isnt doing anything. Is there an easy way to fix this or should i just get a new one(dont feel like gettting a new one). Please help

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Easy fix. Home Depot/Lowes or any local hardware store will carry hose mending kits. You can also purchase the male/female ends (brass/plastic) if you or those crafty employees ever run over the business end of a customers hose. I had to splice some hoses' together for a customer last week, I shelled out a couple of Mr. Washington's and a few minutes of time and we were back in business. I purchased the mender @ Lowes the brand was Gilmour. Quick fix and good as new.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Good Lord just buy a new hose :waving:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
One of your guys? How many employees do you have at 16? :rolleyes: Anyways, just buy him a new hose, you know thats the right thing to do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you buy a new hose, you just might get a new customer or 2, when your current customer tells all their friends how well you took care of them. Seems like cheap advertising to me. Or, you can be a cheapskate and see how much bad PR you get out of that!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Go by and have a talk with the customer. Look at the hose with him and offer to repair it. If he won't go for the repair job replace the hose and take the bad one home and fix it for yourself.

Nosmo

·
Registered
142 Posts
If it is a Craftsman hose it can be replaced for free at Sears.

However, if it is not, I'd just replace it. As a customer, I'd be really upset if you just mended my hose. I wouldn't want any issues with leaks down the road or if you put new ends on it that down the road they start leaking.

Just figure it to be a cost of doing business.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well, if you're a professional and not scrub... :rolleyes:

You'll take that hose and beat your customer with it, and than you'll tie him to a tree with it. Then you'll fire him. :realmad:

That'll show him. :p

I guess that's what professionals do - they don't take any s*** from anybody, even their employees, er.. I mean customers... :cool:

If you have no self respect and think that you're actually supposed to providing a service, you might just buy a new hose. Wuss...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
snowyleaflandscaping said:
One of my guys ran over a customers garden hose either with the mower or trimmer, there is a slice in it and the customer called me about it, i told him id take care of it, he currently has tape on it but it isnt doing anything. Is there an easy way to fix this or should i just get a new one(dont feel like gettting a new one). Please help
17 and you gotta ask? What if it was your hose and I ran over it. "Oh, don't worry about it sir, I'll just put this piece of tape over it and it's be as good as new". Give me a break.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I can't even beilive you wasted the time posting this lol.

repair kit $1.50
New hose $10
Pondering 2 hours over spending $10 to keep the customer happy Priceless!

I keep one in my truck. I ran one over I just swapped em and told the lady what happened. I mended the other one and its fine to run the pressure washer.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It is not the customer's fault for leaving a hose out in his own yard. What if he left his dog out and it was sleeping under a shade tree and it got cut up ?

Someone running a mower or weedeater should be on the lookout for any objects that could be damaged or smaller ones that could be thrown by spinning blades.

Using the analogy it is the customer's fault about leaving the hose out what if an employee running a riding mower picked up a rock in a gravel driveway and it was thrown through a picture window. Is it the customer's fault the window was in the way of the rock ? Or is it the customer's fault the rock was in the gravel driveway?

I have changed my mind about asking him if he will accept a repair. Go by there and look at the hose to see which type it is then go and get him a new one. Then you will still have a customer.

Nosmo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.