BlueHost

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

JakeG

LawnSite Member
I ran a Google search to learn more about SEO, how it works, how to get to the front page, keywords, and all that jazz. 1 guy kept showing up in most of the videos I found. So I decided to check out the business he represents. I googled BlueHost, did some research, checked out their web site, called them, got some prices. Let me know what you're thinking about them, or anyone else you think I should consider.

Newbie here just starting out and want a web site that's going to show up on the front page of Google. Shouldn't be hard. I only have like 5 competitors that are based in my area, not including the no-name, un-registered ones, and I think only 1 has a web site that I've found. At least only 1 that shows up on the front page of Google. Others have Facebook pages that show up.

They offer multiple packages.
What I think I need is this.
Basic hosting includes up to 5 emails. $5.95 per month for 1 year then $9.95 per month.
The domain .com free for 1 year then $17.99 per year.
SEO basic that I manage $5.95 per month.
SEO that they manage, no price provided by the guy I talked to. Marketing advisors don't work on Saturdays. They are going to call me back on Tuesday.
After I get hosting, I can log in as the admin, and install Weebly to help me set up my website which is free.
I don't think that's bad pricing for a starter web site.
Do you?

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Pricing looks fine but I didn't see any price for the website buildout. It will probably not be to hard to get on the front page of google quickly with what you have stated so I wouldn't pay for SEO. Some guys will link their website here on LS for reveiw.

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
My website costs are much less. I have used Ultra Webhosting for many years and have been very happy with them. They are not appropriate for someone who is completely clueless when it comes to putting together and running a website, but it sounds as if you know more than most people and are game to learn more and to take control of your online presence.

Bluehost is very reputable. They are a good option. My favorite is HostGator. They've always been super helpful.

Your hosting packages look good. The domain looks a little expensive.

I'd recommend getting your domain from hover.com. They're a no bs domain registrar and provide the additional items needed for domains (like WHOIS privacy) in the cost. Plus, they don't put domain locks on transferring your domain if you want to move away from them.

I would NOT do their SEO. It's just wasted money. Don't pay someone for monthly SEO unless you have an actual budget just for SEO. $500+.

You can do your own SEO that's just as effective as someone only charging anything less than that.

Check out this guide:
SEO Part 1: What is SEO?
SEO Part 2: On-Site SEO
SEO Part 3: Off-Site SEO
SEO Part 4: Local SEO

Also, if you're moving to Bluehost or HostGator, I'd recommend using WordPress. Not sure if they have their proprietary website builder or not, but I'd consider moving your site to WP.

There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's literally the best website platform. Especially if you plan on bring either an internal digital marketing person or end up hiring it out. Every reputable digital marketer should know how to work on WordPress.

OP
J

JakeG

LawnSite Member
My website costs are much less. I have used Ultra Webhosting for many years and have been very happy with them. They are not appropriate for someone who is completely clueless when it comes to putting together and running a website, but it sounds as if you know more than most people and are game to learn more and to take control of your online presence.
I know absolutely nothing about building or maintaining a website. The guy I talked to from BlueHost said that's what Weebly is for, it's a free install that helps me build the web site with step by step instructions.
I'm not taking his word for it though. I'm taking this to YouTube and watching some videos to see if it really is that easy.
As for Ultra Webhosting, I'll check them out. Thank you.

I know absolutely nothing about building or maintaining a website. The guy I talked to from BlueHost said that's what Weebly is for

WordPress can be like Weebly too. As long as you use the right theme and Visual Builder.

It's only a little confusing to get set up. But once it is and you know how to build pages using the visual builder (what Weebly uses), then it's pretty easy.

OP
J

JakeG

LawnSite Member
Bluehost is very reputable. They are a good option. My favorite is HostGator. They've always been super helpful.

Your hosting packages look good. The domain looks a little expensive.

I'd recommend getting your domain from hover.com. They're a no bs domain registrar and provide the additional items needed for domains (like WHOIS privacy) in the cost. Plus, they don't put domain locks on transferring your domain if you want to move away from them.

I would NOT do their SEO. It's just wasted money. Don't pay someone for monthly SEO unless you have an actual budget just for SEO. $500+.

You can do your own SEO that's just as effective as someone only charging anything less than that.

Check out this guide:
SEO Part 1: What is SEO?
SEO Part 2: On-Site SEO
SEO Part 3: Off-Site SEO
SEO Part 4: Local SEO

Also, if you're moving to Bluehost or HostGator, I'd recommend using WordPress. Not sure if they have their proprietary website builder or not, but I'd consider moving your site to WP.

There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's literally the best website platform. Especially if you plan on bring either an internal digital marketing person or end up hiring it out. Every reputable digital marketer should know how to work on WordPress.
Hey, thanks.
The guy I was on the phone with from BlueHost mentioned WordPress for experienced website builders. He advised me to use Weebly since I have no clue what I am doing.
He did say I can hire BlueHost to build the website for me, but I figure it can't be hard to build a simple website, right?

I'll check out that 4 part guide in a few minutes, thank you.

Top Forums