• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Hotels???

hoylebros

LawnSite Member
Any of you guys maintaining hotels? The ones around here don't look to have too much turf to maintain, mostly just pruning and mulch/pine needles. Just wanting to here your opinions or experience with hotels. Thanks!

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
We do several hotels but you have to be prepared to be real aggressive on prices because the big companies usually service them. They like the smaller companies if you can give them same day serivice on any problem that they have.

OP
hoylebros

hoylebros

LawnSite Member
yea i figured out today that they are mostly owned by ''apu'' from the simpsons...i think im gonna pass up the hotel market based on low ball pricing and the very cut throat nature of it...and not understanding what in the hell they are sayin!....:usflag: all the way!!!!

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
haha hoylebros. You hit it on the head. I mow a couple hotels here, and yes that's the kind that owns them. Luckily they are local owners of a couple chains so getting paid is easier. Our area has lawns around the buildings and are pretty decent. I have to agree it's hard to understand them but if you do get in the door and earn their trust they usually don't question your prices or practices.

zima

LawnSite Member
Yea i have 2 in the past until "Apu" start set in the price of my time to $15 hr
for irrigation repair and other services so i just:walking:away.

yea i figured out today that they are mostly owned by ''apu'' from the simpsons...i think im gonna pass up the hotel market based on low ball pricing and the very cut throat nature of it...and not understanding what in the hell they are sayin!....:usflag: all the way!!!!

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't experience with hotels, as I usually try to stick with smaller properties. But the hotels in my town actually have quite a bit of grass with minimal landscaping. They have the basic beds around building, but thats about it, the rest is all turf.

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
can't understand them to talk to them.
I hate to be this way--------------but-------it is hard for me to understand their English and also the ones around me say

5 Dallar a yeer tooo high. You do fer 1 dallar a yeer OK.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

After looking at a couple a few years ago and talking to them and drawing up a bid, it made me realize to just tell them my schedule is full.

Southern Elegance

LawnSite Member
patel free for the past 3 years. best thing i ever did, all mine were doctors though, walked away from a good amount of money. but worth every dime to not deal with them anymore, also wont do landscape work for engineers fron any nationality.