1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly Rate for trimming hedges

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by joeg2246, May 17, 2006.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Tried to do a search but it would not work...:confused:
    I am going to add hedge trimming and light tree trimming to my lawn service and would like to know what you guys charge hourly for those services.

I recently purchased new Echo trimming products
    SHC-260 Hedge Clipper and the PPT-260 Pole Pruner. Any thoughts on these products?

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Really all depends how much trimming. I usually figure about 60 an hour, min $100. I can do a lot in an hour though. Once you get the hang of it you can cover a lot of ground very fast so I usually bid higher than I think it will really take me.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

If I can do them standing on the ground its 45 per hour, if I have to get on a ladder its 60 an hour. I get about 5% of the jobs I give estimtates on so I fill the person out of the phone before I even go look and see if they are the 5 per hour crowd. My prices are considered high for my area but I dont care if I ever pick up another set of hedge clippers!

4. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

A better way to do it is charge by the invidiual shrub-

Flucuate your price with the size and overgrowth of the shrub-

Easiest part is the cutting- hardest is the cleanup

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That is for sure!!!

6. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree the hardest part is the cleanup. Why just this weekend i hedged for 45 min, and i cleaned up for an hour and a half( this was takeing quit a bit of height of one side of a tall hedge trying to allow some to catch up that were planted a few years later. but as a rule of thumb i figure it will take me twice as long to clean up the clipping as it did to trim the hedges.

This way i can look and say well an hour to hedge and two to 2 to clean up, 150.00 bucks, I get 35.00 a man hour min of an hour and a half, if im triming by myself i get 50.00 an hour min of hour and a half.

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

charge how much you think you are worth an hour then sharpening fee then disposel fee,then even hire of your hedger fee.i think $85 per hr