1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

House blew up!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybird24, Apr 17, 2008.

1. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We went to clean up one of our yards today and the house across the street blew up yesterday. We normally have to clean up a 40x250' woods along the road, but the fire burned all the leaves for us. I feel bad for the people, I guess the mother and 2 children were home but got out ok. These are real nice $6-800,000 homes, just a strange way to start out the year.

2. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Did they say how it blew up?

3. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I've seen a few houses blown-up on the news lately...always seems to be something to do with gas...people messing with the meter?

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

let me guess, one of the parents lost their job recently, and the house just magicly blew up. Thank God for house insurance. Bet they get a cheaper house next time.

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Where in Wisconsin are you located. I heard about the explosion on the UW-Whitewater campus but no others. Bad day for explosions in wisconsin I guess!!!

6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I'm outside Madison. No word yet on the cause, but my cousin is on this towns Fire Dept. and said there were 2 explosions. Seems kinda fishy that the husband wasn't home at night.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

He better check the status of their mortgage. That's getting to be a popular way to get out of paying a mortgage that they never should have gotten.

8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, you guys are realy tough. Someone's house blows up and right away you assume it is done on purpose.

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to say it but if I had to guess on intention I would be at least 50-50 in favor of 'at fault' myself...

That's just from my own experience with ppls...

The part I find so astounding isn't the fact that they try, that much I can figure some always will...
    But it's how MANY of them do!