Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Whats that big bar up between the casters?

Meaty lookin' skins!

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Z-Stand,

OK....Looks awful LARGE and HEAVY.? No?

Weight up front like that will hurt rear traction more than you think.

Plus, doesn't it get in the way of visibility and trimmability?

Did you end up going wider or taller than stock size? Did you have to re-level the deck?

My Dad wen with them on his 318 and in ended up being a shorter overall tire than a same sized turf tread.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by Lawn Tek
Stop ! your making a Lazer look like a Dixie Chopper . Those tires have pluses and minus's .
hey, get it right, that's a Toro, not an eXmark! lol (sorry, us exmark guys gotta point out stuff like that)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark,
Naturally they will tear up the turf but I’m here to tell you, a whole lot less than the stock tires.
I have always been amazed at how much the stock tires tear up the turf. Most of the times you don’t even realize you have left a big skid until the next pass.
Or, spun the tires while turning or when stopping. It is next to impossible to mow our yard with out leaving multiple marks in the turf.
I will never have to stop and run the mower on the blacktop, at full speed, to clean the tires again.
As far as turning down hill, well, Hill, What Hill? I can mower our hill with confidence now. With stock tires I would not worry about IF I would loose it, BUT WHEN. Yea I know, someone will say, you just don’t know how to mow your hill with this mower. Guess what, maybe not, but now I don’t have to know, I just simply mow it, like I have been for 17 years. I like the fact that I can mow our hill and feel safe. Life is good.
I posted on the Exmark site also. Someone will probably say this may cause damage to the hydro pumps or something along those lines but unless Toro stops making parts, so what.
I have a section of horse pasture that I was unable to mow, always wet and forever getting stuck, not any more.
The tires do seem to ride harder. Last night as I was mowing I got laughing to my self, “just have to buy the suspension seat now”.
I am still playing with the amount of air pressure in the tires. I am running 16lbs now.
Conclusions, I will not be going back to the stock tires.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
I still think you should add some REAR balast weight (like to your rear bumper) that is equal or greater than the weight of that Z-Stand you have up front. Front weight on a Z is a big NO-NO. I heard that they only lift like 6-8" or so anyway. Do you like it that much to carry it around on the front all the time?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Z-Stand, swing it out then extend it, drop it and drive forward.
More like over a foot, as measured at the front casters.
It’s a real breeze to change blades and clean the deck.
As a matter of fact I cleaned the deck the other day and after I was done realize the deck was still at the mowing height of 3 inches.
The deck was still easy to clean even though I could have had a couple more inches.
It was a very good investment. IMO.
Toro dealer price $350.00, Internet $189.00.

http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=726

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.