• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How are Lesco Mowers?

MrC

LawnSite Member
My brother is looking into buying a used Lesco mower. I don't know to much about the deal. All he could tell me is that it's a 48", Kawasaki motor that has been used for 1 year. He's including the dolly, bag, and extra blades for $1800.

wriken

LawnSite Silver Member
is it a hydro, or belt? Reguadless, whichever one it may be, both good mowers.

OP
M

MrC

LawnSite Member
I don't know but I'm guessing it's a belt based his asking price. Is that a good price?

CRF500

LawnSite Member
The lesco green fixed deck is a good mower and if it is a Hydro and you put 20X10 wheels on it it can mow almost as much as a good ZTR. I would not pay 1800$ for a belt drive and the lesco WB can be had for nothing practically.

The rule of thumb on a lesco mower that I follow for here in FL is if it is almost like new I pay 50 cents on the $ that is what makes the mowers such a great bargain.

The last one I bought last year had 65 Hours on it and had a 17HP Kawie and I got it with the Lesco velkie and it was like new for 1900$ which is 50 cent's on the $

Lesco products are trully mediocre but a great value used for the $. If the mower is not close to new and a hydro I would say NO!

and just remember when buying used MTD,cub or lesco

50 CEEEEEEEEENT'S

dcondon

LawnSite Silver Member
Do a search because there are threads going on this now and many many before. YES, Lesco's and com Cubs are great mowers.

Raven386

LawnSite Silver Member
simple, yes. built well and they are extremely easy to fix. wouldn't think about owning any other w/b mower.