How Are Loppers Measured?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Merkava_4, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Is that image correct? I'm trying to determine the correct part number for my loppers so that I can order parts. All it says on the lopper blades is "Sandvik P 16 Made In France." If I measure the handles like in the above image, I get about 18.5 inches. If I measure from the very tip of the blades to the very end of the handles, I get about 23.25 inches. My loppers are probably either a Bahco P16-40, P16-50, or a P16-60. Not sure which. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

The loppers I just purchased are sold as 31" loppers. That is the overall length. The handles are 24". Pics coming.

3. RussellB

4. Big steve

Big steve LawnSite Member

A couple seasons ago i purchased the Stihl loppers & pruners & are the best so far i ever used..

5. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

RussellB likes this.
  6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Subscirbe.

I have a decient set of Caronas but my knowledge of loppers is limited. Hope to learn something

7. RussellB

DACC66F5-AD46-4081-B868-135E61E6FCED.jpeg I recommend keeping the info that comes with all of the equipment purchased. It comes in handy when you need to make repairs.

hort101 likes this.
  8. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

RussellB, have you determined the model number of yours?

If you can figure out the model number, then with those measurements, I could figure out mine. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    hort101 likes this.
  9. RussellB

Description

Bahco 31" heavy-duty lopper gets the job done quickly

The 31" professional-grade, heavy-duty Bahco Lopper is the popular choice for professionals and homeowners alike for versatile pruning. This lopper features tempered and hardened steel blades, powder-coated aluminum handles and vinyl grips. Soft rubber bumpers between handles absorb shock and has blades with two different edge radii for quick, powerful and smooth cuts. 2" cutting capacity. 4.4 lb. Made in France.

See all pruning equipment

2017 Reference Guide: Page 337

Product Support

Product Reviews

I don't see a model # in the info page or paperwork. I'll check the pruners in the morning to see if a model # is stamped on them. I purchased these from Gemblers and this is the info page on their website. Hope it helps you out.

hort101 likes this.
  10. RussellB

Click on the "2017 reference guide". That may help you.