1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How are these direct mail prices?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrusk, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I just got off the phone with my local direct mail business. The guy recommend me mailing out 8x5.5 postcards. He told me i am better off mailing to whole carrier routes in the areas i want.

Here is the break down:

.18 postage per peice
    $50 per a thousand for his services.
    Post cards will run my around 81.25 per a k with shipping if i buy them online

So i am looking at $311.15 per a k mailed. I think that pretty damn good. The area where i am looking to mail is very high end. Median household income over 90k.

If we do select mailing,with a purchused mailing list i am looking at almost .28 a piece. Thats a big difference in price. I think i am better off going with the carrier route. I am thinking 4 mailing of 5k, 3 of 6500, or 2 at 10000.

Matt

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

EDIT: I am looking at .28 per a peice for postage if i do not mail to the whole carrier rate. Not .28 total.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That sounds like a decent price. What about the cost of the postcard? I did some 4.5x6's a couple years ago. I paid right at .40 cents each, that included everything...design, print, mailing lists and postage. It was .20 cents each for just the postage and mine were much smaller than yours. I would think that should get you lots of buisness....or calls anyway.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Thats awsome, I paid $300 for just the postcards, but I do it myself.