1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

How can I get more commerical accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Low baller by 20, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Low baller by 20

Low baller by 20 LawnSite Member
    from texas

whats the best way to get more commerical accounts?

2. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to rethink your screen name. I don't see people going out of their way to help you on this topic with the name you have.

3. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

I agree..............If your screen name is a joke then I apologize, however if it is not then you should consider not low balling by 20 and instead make your company stand out from the competition. Maybe include a value added service in your contract. Of course, you would charge for this. But it makes you stand out. I have won bids when I knew I was not the lowest.

4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Your the low baller, you should know....

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Honestly, from looking at your profile it says that you have been in the biz for 6 mos. This is not meant as any disrepect, but rather helpful advice. I would stick with residentials for a year or two if I were you. Get your feet under you first. You can really lose your shirt off your back with commercials if you do not bid them right.

6. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

put out a flyer advertising lawn work for $10.oo per hour, that probably would generate some work.