Lawn Care Forum banner

How can I run away chipmunks?

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  lawnandplow42 
#1 ·
How can I run away CHIPMUNKS? I have a friend who has a severe chipmunk infestation problem. They aren't just in his yard, the are in his crawlspace. Can anyone give me an idea short of poisoning? :help:

#2 ·
James Sims said:
How can I run away CHIPMUNKS? I have a friend who has a severe chipmunk infestation problem. They aren't just in his yard, the are in his crawlspace. Can anyone give me an idea short of poisoning? :help:
Use a rat trap with some bait. Chip and Dale will no longer be a problem.

#4 ·
marko said:
Or a small animal trap. Be careful of poisoning. If they crawl between the walls to die it will get stanky!
What will you do after they are trapped?

#6 ·
marko said:
Take them to the boonies and let them go. Or "dispose" of them.
IMO the last option will keep them from becoming a problem in somebody elses yard or landscape. People live in boonies too! lol

#7 ·
I had a squirell problem a couple years back. I found my 12 gauge with some bird shot to be very effective.

They chewed a hole in a screen in my garage to get at some feed I had in there. I was pretty po'ed about that but shortly after that I saw one sitting on the window sill looking in and I decided that was it. Shot about 13 that day. Their numbers are starting to get back up there but they aren't climbing on the house so I can live with them.

#11 ·
I used to own a feed store and sold a product called "fox urine." And yes it is exactly that! Tell your friend to go to a local feed store or a lawn center that specializes in organic products. Take a couple of those little 35mm film canisters & put a few small holes in them. Put a few cotton balls in them & pour a little of the fox urine in it and throw it in the crawl space or attic. Wala-they're gone! IT works on all kinds of little critters. Racoons, skunks, squirrels, etc. Anything that would be a natural enemy. One word of advice though! Do not get it one yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nasty! Wear plastic gloves. Hope that helps him! Let me know! :waving:

#12 ·
Problem? No way its called dinner time. Down here there is a season to hunt em. We would be frying them boys up and just consider their invasion of our property their "cominng over for dinner". Check your local laws tho. If need be get some live traps and release em in wild. Animal control may even have traps they will leave with you.

If they just say deal with em a nice .22 or even a good pellet gun will thin out the population.

#13 ·
Problem? No way its called dinner time. Down here there is a season to hunt em. We would be frying them boys up and just consider their invasion of our property their "cominng over for dinner". Check your local laws tho. If need be get some live traps and release em in wild. Animal control may even have traps they will leave with you.

If they just say deal with em a nice .22 or even a good pellet gun will thin out the population.

#15 ·
grasswhacker said:
IMO the last option will keep them from becoming a problem in somebody elses yard or landscape. People live in boonies too! lol
That is true! Knew a farmer that would throw the trap in the stock tank for 5 minutes, then "attempt" to release it. Never saw anything get up and run away. Terrible way to go though!!!

#16 ·
Get a big cat ..Works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.