How can this be fixed?

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member
I picked this customer up this season and over the pass month and a half or so the grass in these areas started to die.

He believes that his sprinkler system has not been watering the areas like it is suppose to be doing. I suggested trying to overseed the areas and see what happens. He told me that his grass is Fescue which grows pretty lush and green and you can see in the foreground.
1BE284A2-D6A1-4172-93DD-BD1698B05ABF.jpeg
216139AB-2104-46FA-A26E-FBDB7E5BB3CB.jpeg
03C9532F-D535-4F7F-8483-BE084913F4C8.jpeg
05D89102-377F-40F2-802D-3B589187F44D.jpeg

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic

What's that in the center that's not dead? Is it a weed? If yes could be army worm damage (they know which weeds are toxic to them).

But my better guess is whatever was applied or sprayed on their landscape beds has now washed down on to their grass. That's just a logical deduction from where the turf die back is occurring. It's all by the beds their seems to be something not right about that.

OP
FitzRightYardServices

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member

What's that in the center that's not dead? Is it a weed? If yes could be army worm damage (they know which weeds are toxic to them).

But my better guess is whatever was applied or sprayed on their landscape beds has now washed down on to their grass. That's just a logical deduction from where the turf die back is occurring. It's all by the beds their seems to be something not right about that.
It is a patch of dried up grass. Now that you mention it I have been using Ortho ground clear as a spot sprayer all season in the beds. Can that cause such extreme damage even after drying?

Top Forums