How Critical is Overloading Your Truck?

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
I do know that if you register a 33K truck for 25999 and you get pulled over , you will get a ticket for driving a 33K truck without a CDL ( if you dont have one ) . A guy I know did this , he got away with it for 3 years , then got pulled over and they gave him thousands in tickets and had to have the truck towed .
That's what I've been saying all along. The sticker on the door jamb is the law. I said he could register it lower BUT he still needs a CDL. And he can't carry as much weight.

Not sure why you think we're talking about something different. The only thing that was wrong was when you said Handy Dandy Andy was wrong. He wasn't.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
It is necessary to understand that the 50 states are different than California.
Newsflash...Kalifornia IS one of the 50 states.

I do not intent to alter anything.
Do I need to go back and quote all the things you spoke of altering? This is ridiculous, now you are saying you didn't say things that are in black and white.

California is the 6th. largest economy in the world.
Who gives a flying fig.

The need here is different than Maryland.
Moving product legally using federal guidelines is different in Kalifornia than Maryland?

We manufacture truck bodies...
Truck bodies are manufactured around the world...yet another NEWSFLASH.

We don criticize people that do not have the money to buy new trucks.
The only criticism is of you recommending overloading trucks and violating federal law.

This thread needs to be locked...this guy is a troll.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
What truck body allows you to overload your truck?

My CPA told me to spend some money so I'm very interested. I have an f150 supercrew 4*4 so I'm already limited on payload. I have already ditched the spare tare and Jack to save 65 lbs what else can I do?
Drive around with a quarter tank of gas.
clean out the glove box
take out any fuses you don't need
vacuum up all the grass clippings
take out the floor mats

OP
ricklion2

ricklion2

LawnSite Member
Payload Considerations for a Pickup Truck
A truck doesn't need to be overloaded to have payload problems. On a lot of vehicles, you can't use the payload's full capacity due to a lack of adequate suspension. This problem is often apparent at the rear of a truck, which bears most of the weight.

For example, if the cab and engine consume only 210 pounds of payload — from the combined weight of the driver, gas, fluids and assorted items in the passenger seat — yet you load 1,600 pounds of rocks onto the truck bed, the back will bear the bulk of the payload. To reach maximum payload, a truck will usually need one or more of the following enhancements.

1. Upgrade the Rear Springs
Across the length of a truck, the vehicle's overall weight is distributed evenly atop the four springs that support the suspension along each tire. That said, the rear springs bear far more pressure with a loaded truck. You can maximize a truck's payload capacity with upgrades to the rear springs.

For example, if you load a piano or sofa into the back of your truck, the weight of that object is going to tip the balance of weight toward the back end, and this could cause your truck to slouch at the rear if the suspension is insufficient. With most trucks, a rear–suspension upgrade is essential if you plan to use the truck for hauling heavy items.

2019 General Spring of Kansas City, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
A truck doesn't need to be overloaded to have payload problems. On a lot of vehicles, you can't use the payload's full capacity due to a lack of adequate suspension. This problem is often apparent at the rear of a truck, which bears most of the weight.

For example, if the cab and engine consume only 210 pounds of payload — from the combined weight of the driver, gas, fluids and assorted items in the passenger seat — yet you load 1,600 pounds of rocks onto the truck bed, the back will bear the bulk of the payload. To reach maximum payload, a truck will usually need one or more of the following enhancements.

Across the length of a truck, the vehicle's overall weight is distributed evenly atop the four springs that support the suspension along each tire. That said, the rear springs bear far more pressure with a loaded truck. You can maximize a truck's payload capacity with upgrades to the rear springs.

For example, if you load a piano or sofa into the back of your truck, the weight of that object is going to tip the balance of weight toward the back end, and this could cause your truck to slouch at the rear if the suspension is insufficient. With most trucks, a rear–suspension upgrade is essential if you plan to use the truck for hauling heavy items.

That's not what you said.

You said this.

However, if your needs are over the weight limit approved, modifications must be done.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic

Just looked at your avatar.

Let me make an educated guess. You are an aluminum truck body manufacturer trying to bypass being a sponsor but still sell your products on Lawnsite?

OP
ricklion2

ricklion2

LawnSite Member
Yes, Like replacing the steel bed that you have on and replace it with an aluminum bed that can get you additional cargo capabilities. That is what I said. I never intended to persuade anybody... Just enhancing the comments already in the internet.

OP
ricklion2

ricklion2

LawnSite Member
No I had the discussion already. I am just making sure people understand the difference in having a truck that can carry the approved weight, and another that has lack of service and is misuse. I do very good living I just want to have a conversation with people around the country to gain information about how they think.