How do I adjust Ferris Z3 operator platform?

Greensmith33547

LawnSite Member
I purchased a Ferris Z3 yesterday after having done demos on a Toro Grandstand and a Ferris Z2 and loved them. However with my Z3 I am getting pretty bad back pain which I didn't get with the demos. Is there a way to adjust the spring that holds the platform? It seems very stiff in my opinion. I did put the pin In the same hole on the bracket connecting the shock to the platform as I had on the demo units. I had heard you could adjust the shocks on the IS models so I hope there is something on here also.

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
I purchased a Ferris Z3 yesterday after having done demos on a Toro Grandstand and a Ferris Z2 and loved them. However with my Z3 I am getting pretty bad back pain which I didn't get with the demos. Is there a way to adjust the spring that holds the platform? It seems very stiff in my opinion. I did put the pin In the same hole on the bracket connecting the shock to the platform as I had on the demo units. I had heard you could adjust the shocks on the IS models so I hope there is something on here also.
From the manual -

OperatorPlatformSuspensionAdjustment The lower mounting position of the shock assembly linkage (A, Figure 57) that connects to the operator platform (B) can be positioned into one of the five available positions to customize the ride according to the operator’s weight and/or operating conditions. The lower mounting position closest to the engine (labelled # 1, Figure 57) is for light-weight operators, which will provide a softer, more cushioned ride. As the shock assembly linkage is moved towards the furthest lower mounting position away from the engine deck (labelled # 5) the machine can accommodate heavier-weight operators, and provide a stiffer more rigid ride.