Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RPMs are way to low and would like to adjust the governor spring or throttle cable to get the RPMs back up to factory specs. Or at least a decent RPM. I had to move the engine around when I changed the muffler and I messed the throttle up. The engine hasn't been at full throttle in a wile. It has been progressively getting slower until I moved the engine. Now the engine is only about half throttle when the lever is all the way over to the rabbit.

Thank you

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
LawnMower said:
The RPMs are way to low and would like to adjust the governor spring or throttle cable to get the RPMs back up to factory specs. Or at least a decent RPM. I had to move the engine around when I changed the muffler and I messed the throttle up. The engine hasn't been at full throttle in a wile. It has been progressively getting slower until I moved the engine. Now the engine is only about half throttle when the lever is all the way over to the rabbit.

Thank you
Is it your Kohler or the Kawasaki, There are differant type adjustments for each of these engines for high speed RPM.
You can try this; Put the throttle control in full throttle position, Loosen the cable mount clip on the engine and pull the cable housing out as far as possible and re-tighten the clip, This will set the cable adjustment then the high speed RPM is another deal.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply, ill try that. Oh, its my Kohler that has the problem. I also noticed a screw down by the muffler that I may be able to adjust the tension on the Governor spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.