Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
New here and what attracted me was a listing by member Robert Hayes for a Walker H10. I've attempted to respond to his for sale post, but don't appear to be making any headway. Would someone let me know how to go about letting Robert know I'm interested? I see something about not having privileges to post here, or something to that effect.

I attempted to also post to one of the moderators and don't seem to be getting through there either to get information.

Thanks in advance,

Whyzman (Glenn)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I do seem to be gaining posts while were are exchanging... So what's been the problem you've had with Walkers?
Just a poor design for the area I cut in. The dust kicked up by the deck and bagger envelopes the engine. The longest I got out of an engine was about 700 hours. That was with 59 hour oil changes.

The timed deck was a problem for me. If you hit an object, it's a great chance it would mess up both blades. The blowers only lasted 500 hours. It's not really a good way to go from bagging to mulching without buying another deck

They have there place, if you cutting smooth, irrigated lawns they work great for a home owner.

There's a lot of Bahia grass where I'm at, and if it's dry the dust just eats the mower up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you contacted Walker support with your "findings?" Your commercial pounding on the product reminds me of a fellow contractor who all tool manufacturers should hire for product testing! if there's a weakness, he'll find it! he shows no mercy in the field (pun intended), and especially for hand tools beats the snot out of them. If I see a tool he's had for over a year and it's still in his arsenal it's worth having. Although, it will inevitably have lost all semblance to it's original cosmetics! Doesn't make any difference the branding, they all take on the look of Dennis' tools. We were setting a commercial door once and he wanted my broadknife to use as a guide to slide it behind the sheetrock. "You'll bend it and wreck it!" Get another one, we need to get this door set! "It's my favorite!" Sheesh, get over it it's just a tool with a job to do!

·
Registered
28,009 Posts
Thank you!! I did make it to 10, but Robert Hayes must have gone to Grandmother's house in the woods with no internet service! Still trying to get a year or nay on the H10 omplement hitch? : -)
You should try posting in his for sale thread
Maybe he will get an email notification

1 - 20 of 22 Posts