How do I keep rash from hurting from spreading ?

Cmonstihl

LawnSite Member
I think I either am getting an allergic to reaction to the grass or weeedeated some poison ivy. It started with irritation on my tricep and randomly just spread down my arms and hands, now it’s going to my face :(

Seeing how this is part of the business, what precautions do y’all take and what can I do to fix this issue?

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
KNOW WHAT POISON IVY LOOKS LIKE!
Seriously, google it and learn to identify it. My guess is that you have poison ivy. Refrain from scratching it as much as you can tolerate. It will spread if you scratch at it.

View attachment 389238

View attachment 389239
Great pics of ivyThumbs Up
He may be dealing with poison oak that looks a little different
https://www.webmd.com/allergies/ss/slideshow-poison-plants

Knowing what it looks like and avoiding when possible is best defense also if you suspect contact with poison ivy/oak oils a good washing with Tecnu or dish soap will help wash off the oils

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Keep alcohol on you at all times, simply wipe the area when you first suspect that you hit poison ivy. It will remove most if not all the ivy oil.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
If its down low rash....walk like a cowboy....

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
There’s also cow parsnip that most people don’t know about and it’s super toxic to humans...
Of course “I’ve got a rash and it’s spreading” isn’t something to tell a bunch of strangers ,.. most people figured that out in high school

go find a doctor