1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

How do I obtain a spraying license?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LDH, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. LDH

    LDH LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,262

    Im in North Central Oklahoma and do alot of city mowing. Roadways, etc. where I spray roundup around lightpoles and culverts. I also do most of the commercial stuff where im at. This is my first year and I want to get my license this Winter. Where do I get the study material,etc..
  2. Twister Turf Man

    Twister Turf Man LawnSite Member
    Messages: 15

    You can get the necessary information from your OSU extention office. You can call and get study guides for the exams that are held throughout the year. The books I was told were necessary are Turfgrass Pest Managment and Ornamental Pest Management. I believe they were about $20.00.You can access the testing times and places on the Dept. of Agriculture web site for Oklahoma. I am going to do the same thing this winter. Good luck.
  3. EliteImpressions

    EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey
    Messages: 215

    If you go to the pesticide forum you will see a sticky at the top about getting licensed. I found everything I needed and then some. I originally thought the test was going to be really tough but the practice books dont show anything mind blowing just as long as youre decent in math.


Share This Page