1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How do you bid on this??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a marina call me today for a bid, went out there and I was stumped.. In addition to a little bit of mowing, there is a slope along the marina which will need to be string trimmed, nothing fancy, looks like it will be almost all weeds.. About 8 feet wide and a total distance of about 400 feet.. I told her $125 each time I did it, about ever 3 weeks, which does not include the weekly mowing of the lawn...

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Jon, just be careful of going 3 weeks. With runoff , humidity, and reflective sun from the water, that hillside could really grow faster than you can keep up every three weeks.Above all, don't let the owner talk you into going 4 weeks / once monthly.Good luck..

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Obviously we cant see the property here, but your estimate seems reasonable unless you think it can be done in an hour..if so, your price might be a little high for 1 man hour of work