• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

How do you filter out time wasters?

RCT48161

LawnSite Member
this is great, what do you mean by collect the lead from the website?
I use a customer management system called Turf Hop. It has a leads section. On my company website, I put animated buttons. When someone clicks On that animated button for a quote, it opens a TurfHop form. TurfHop collects the lead and puts it into a leads section. If the customer is a reject, it gets archived. If the customer is a winner then I simply click on the convert to customer option and TurfHop makes it a customer and I’m set to schedule a job. It is so easy and effortless. The customer ends up being the one doing the most data entry when they fill out the quote request.

if you’re interested in becoming a TurfHop client, let me know. I have an affiliate relationship with them. I also might be able to get you a promo code where you can save more. I pay like $26 something a month I think.

My company website is manwithamower.llc

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use a customer management system called Turf Hop. It has a leads section. On my company website, I put animated buttons. When someone clicks On that animated button for a quote, it opens a TurfHop form. TurfHop collects the lead and puts it into a leads section. If the customer is a reject, it gets archived. If the customer is a winner then I simply click on the convert to customer option and TurfHop makes it a customer and I’m set to schedule a job. It is so easy and effortless. The customer ends up being the one doing the most data entry when they fill out the quote request.

if you’re interested in becoming a TurfHop client, let me know. I have an affiliate relationship with them. I also might be able to get you a promo code where you can save more. I pay like $26 something a month I think.

My company website is manwithamower.llc
I’m not busy enough to need it, at least I don’t think. But stuff like that will be priceless one day.

RCT48161

LawnSite Member
I’m not busy enough to need it, at least I don’t think. But stuff like that will be priceless one day.
It took us about three years to get a bunch of customers. We heavily rely on the CRM system. It does leads, quotes, scheduling, billing, collects their payment, sends appointment text messages reminders, does accounting, has a built in website, sends out collection emails, and pretty much acts like an electronic secretary. We just do the jobs and process the leads. It pretty much does the rest. It connects with Stripe so we get daily deposits right into our business bank account. No runs to the bank, no processing checks, no manual payment entries. It does it all for us.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Every prospect I meet with, I keep my butthole radar up. If the customer comes across poorly, jerk, blowhard, etc...I'm walking no matter how nice their lawn is.

RCT48161

LawnSite Member
Every prospect I meet with, I keep my butthole radar up. If the customer comes across poorly, jerk, blowhard, etc...I'm walking no matter how nice their lawn is.
No joke, I went out to do an estimate I received via email once and knocked on the door. This guy answers in shorts, flip flops, sucking on a popsicle making all these annoying sucking slurping noises. I introduced myself, extended my hand, and the guy says rudely “I don’t shake hands.” At that point I was annoyed, but still new in the business. He shows me his yard, and continues to blab about some Koehler engine on his mower and is just being a total blow hard ******. I gave him a price (think it was like $40 or $50–wasn’t that big of a yard. He scoffs at it. I said “excuse me.” I walked over to my truck, fastened my seatbelt, put it in drive and drove off. it was the most satisfying smile I had in a long time. Never heard from that jerk ever again, and would never do any work for him in hindsight. I bet he would have been a total miserable pain to deal with.

Chineau

LawnSite Member
Yes, but a bit on the dark side.
don't miss the lesson cause of presentation.
it took me awhile to get it figured out but if you let people treat you poorly as a self employed/small business person it is the one in the mirror who will chew on it, I didn't sign up for that.
it is true there a a lot of folks who have no respect for your time and think nothing of using you any old which way you let them.
there is this dirt monkey character on you tube lots of video but one in particular about qualifying the customer, worth a minute of your time.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
don't miss the lesson cause of presentation.
it took me awhile to get it figured out but if you let people treat you poorly as a self employed/small business person it is the one in the mirror who will chew on it, I didn't sign up for that.
it is true there a a lot of folks who have no respect for your time and think nothing of using you any old which way you let them.
there is this dirt monkey character on you tube lots of video but one in particular about qualifying the customer, worth a minute of your time.
Exactly, qualify your customer. You can tell pretty quick, through email OR in person, if you want to deal with them. Remember....you dont have to take on everyone's lawn or try and solve everyone's problems.