how do you find out who to pay your taxes to?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnwizards, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. lawnwizards

    lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,439

    i'm tired of paying my taxes at tax time. how do i go about about paying them quarterly? who should i contact or how should i go about accomplishing this? thanks for the replies.
  2. Soupy

    Soupy LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,125

    Do you have an Accountant? If not, call around they shouldn't charge much to set this up.

    Messages: 22

    Im not 100% sure but after you set it up I think you can take it to your bank.
  4. steve45

    steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,325

    If you're self-employed, you SHOULD be paying quarterly. There may be penalties for not filing quarterly, too.

    You should make all payments to ME!

    HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,981

    You can download the forms off the IRS website. You're really just paying a good estimate of what you would owe Uncle Sam each quarter. Basically the government doesn't want to wait a full year to get people that don't get taxes withheld by an employer usually have to pay quarterly.
  6. burns60

    burns60 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 291

    If you have an accountant doing your taxes just tell him what you want to do,and he will handle it and let you know when to pay and how much.

    You can also use the Turbo Tax Premier (cheapest place to buy is at Wal-Mart) and at the end of the program it will tell you if you should be paying your taxes quarterly. It will even figure how much you should pay and print out the proper vouchers for you to send in.
  7. 6'7 330

    6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,821

    The IRS, should send form 1040-ES to you automatically, after the first year you have enough tax liability.Estimated taxes are based on if your estimated tax liability is 1000$ or more for year.And as posted Your accountant can print off the 1040-ES payment forms.
  8. sheshovel

    sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,112

    Right you pay it to the good ole IRS
  9. Richard Martin

    Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,699

  10. tiedeman

    tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth
    Messages: 8,745

    Yup, the IRS should be sending you a blank slips with your business info on it. Actually I just got the sheet in the mail today to figure out your estimates. I just have my accountant set it up for me, makes things a lot easier. Also, like stated above, make sure you pay in, because you can get a fine.

Share This Page