how do you go about

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 26, 2001.

  1. ronslawncare

    ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 540

    outlinig a bed ive been thinking about it .so far i just mark it out with a edger.but i need more of a visual for a upcoming job i was thinking of buying a 60ft garden hose for outlining the bed.i did a bed edgeing two weeks ago and the lady had some saught of spray paint she out lined everything nice were can i get that homedepot or something.does the garden hose look unprofesional if i use it.thanx ronnie
  2. kutnkru

    kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,662

    IMHO I think that whatever means of markings you can come up with is fine as long as the end result is what you are striveing to acheive.

    I have used garden hoses, spray paint, string, rope w/ 12" landscape spikes, etc., etc., etc.

    I personally like to use lime in a chalk bottle and then spot mark my archs and staright lines for edging. The TrenchMaster takes away all markings and we dont have to worry about removing paint if we try to adjust the bed designs.

  3. jnjnlc

    jnjnlc LawnSite Member
    Messages: 231

    I went to Home Depot and bought an upside down paint marker handle. The paint can mounts in the end and you can spray the paint without bending down. I use this thing all of the time. You can buy the upside down marking paint anywhere.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

    Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,912

  5. HOMER

    HOMER LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,183

    Gary Allen uses that too!:D

    He must be doing something right, he has his own show.

    I've seen him use a water hose before I think.

Share This Page