How do you guys handle client pre and/or post notification

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AL's, Feb 22, 2018.

1. AL's

AL's LawnSite Senior Member

In NC it is my understanding there are no requirements for pre or post notification of anything we'll be putting down.

I still think post would be good in either a door stick it or lawn sign. I believe I asked this question a couple of weeks ago in another thread i had about pre em but figured I would give it its own thread and get some conversation going on how everyone else does it

2. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is not necessary to notify prior to service.

However, I place a sign in the front yard with both the date and time the service was done. It is also on the paper work that I leave.

Now certain cases I need to...dogs, locked gate,etc.

It’s funny that you mention post notification because I am also considering doing that...again in addition to the paper work.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  3. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

Unless the property owner or contiguous neighbor are on the state chemical sensitivity list, then no prior notice. If they’re on the list (I’ve never found anyone for my properties) we have to give 24 hours notice before application.

Afterwards, sign in conspicuous location.

On a side note, I’m thinking getting signs from http://www.turfsign.com and putting them out in my target neighborhoods after any work was done; regardless of chemical application or not.

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  4. AL's

AL's LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys have on the lawn signs.... like "application made today"?

Do you go back at the end of day to pick up or next day?

5. Todd73

Male, from Florida

Simple “Pesticide application, stay off until dry.” Keep in mind, the only thing I spray is weeds in mulch beds, so it’s not like I’m putting anything heavy hitting in high traffic areas.

Go back? Oh no. I’d spend more on gas retracing my route than the signs are worth. Customers pull them and throw them out. Although I have one that leaves hers up all the time and another that makes a little stack and I resuse them.

6. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Each state has its own requirements for what’s on the sign and the size it should be

hort101 likes this.
  7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Putting any legal requirements aside

I like the door hanger method
    I like this for anything not just a chem app (I like it for mowing etc)

“Hey we were here, this is what we did/completed) and also look at all these things we can do because they’re on this check list”

Although, it helps to know what door the client uses to go in and out.
    I can’t tell you how many people didn’t see my door hangers because they go in and out of the garage and not their front door!
    Hah!

GrassManKzoo and hort101 like this.
  8. TPendagast

Male

Lol
    I always see mow guys mow around them
    They stay there for months!

I had one applicator guy call me up complaining I took out his signs
    Dude they’ve been there two weeks and they are sun faded!

He was wanting them to stay there for “advertising”

No ones bending down to squint at your tiny phone number man!

9. Todd73

Male, from Florida

Guilty. Someone leaves their Tru Brown sign up, I go around it. Then again, those signs usually say “Customer remove after 24 hours.” I’m not the customer. And yes, the tags are still on my mattress! :laugh:

Damn, now you’ve got me rethinking my yard sign idea.

10. TPendagast

Male

dont knock the yard sign!
    you just need one of those bigger ones, like guys use during election season?
    Stick them in the beds so you don't have it blocking up the lawn every week.
    I like yard signs..
    Im talking about the wee lil yellow pesticide signs that have your number on them..not something 11 x 17 or larger.