1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How do you guys sharpen your blades??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sword, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Sword

Sword LawnSite Member

I use a hand grinder to sharpen my blades... Read some info on Magna-Matic Blade sharpeners.... $580 bucks ..... Anybody use them? Are they really that good and efficient??

Let me know... thanks

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow another thread on blade sharpening....Could it be we haven't covered this topic yet?

Try the search button. Look for "blade sharpening" and "Magna-matic" you will get about a thousand responses.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Hand grinder like you. Was never as good at it as the other guy I worked with. He seemed to get an almost perfect balance on the first try. We usually just got replacement blades to save time.

4. Sword

Sword LawnSite Member

Hey Sodking
    Little TESTY... sorry I didn't see the other thousand response... i'll make sure that I Search before I ask a question!

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what do you mean by, "sharpen your blades?"

6. Sword

Sword LawnSite Member

Bobby...
    Sharpening the lawn mower blades for grass cuttin... Have 2 sets.. always have a back up ready to go..

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

You know bobby, like a professional would do...

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

90 percent of the board will tell you to get a blade sharpener,mag-na matic.spend the cash and buy it you will never miss your money.

9. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We've got the Oregon Blade grinder on sale for $258 shipped, thru the month of December.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We use a hand grinder or a bench grinder. Either one works good but not as good as a blade sharpener.