HOw do you handle scheduling?

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by magna111, Apr 26, 2018.

1. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I’m not looking for something where a customer can book their own appts without talking to us, just something digital between him and I so I have a rough idea of what tomorrow is going to look like without needing to speak to him. Or when I’m at a customer’s house and need to schedule a 2nd appt to finish things up I can look at where I’ll be in the next week and fit them in rather than telling them that my dad handles the schedule and will get back to them.

I did a little googling and google’s calander app looks like it might serve the purpose. Haven’t played with it from a 2nd device/user but it sounds like he should be able to edit my calander. Ideally I think I’d like something where we can see both schedules on the same page at the same time within the app.

2. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

Online calendar access has it's points but if you have your dad to schedule for you at this time it would be more productive of you to move on to your next appointment rather than scrolling along and scheduling. Time is better spent when there is remuneration at the end of it.

3. magna111

magna111 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

He is in the field working also. I think it’d be less time wasted setting my own appt than calling him, explaining what I have left to do there, how much time I think I need, and then whatever other conversation ensues. It’ll also take some burden off of him, and I think it’ll help maintain a better relationship with the customer setting an appt rather than telling them we will call to set up another time to be out there. Then there are also times where a neighbor pops over and asks if I can do them, particularly if it’s a new customer I think it’d give a better impression setting an appt for when I’ll be back in the neighborhood in a few days rather than telling them to call my dad to set an appt.

4. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

If it works for you do what fits. Just don't schedule over your dad's head if he has something in the wings. Be on the same page

magna111 likes this.
  5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Gold Member

The biggest problem is finding an all in one program that can handle everything you are looking for or running multiple programs that have a seemless integration

I wish we could sell our program.. That in itself would be a buisness route.jpg

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

This is why I was so happy you were able to squeeze me in for lunch Mitchell. I'm amazed with your company's efficiency.

mitchgo likes this.