1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How do you handle?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I posted a while ago about how to schedule "Monday madness" service calls
    & I thought,maybe a new thread..how do you do it? who gets the first call?
    "Water Feature" (worst problem..slowest pay?) Do you call them saying "jeez, we're swamped", or," I think (brand xxx irrigation company )could handle this." Do you look in the phone book ( as you're listening to their description of the chaos) & see what part of your market they're
    in? Could it be a "plum" that you'd kicked yourself for not making room?
    I'll admit it on this secure forum, I never had any ads on my trucks, so as to
    "drive-bye"..you need to look at all sites for service (which becomes management)

2. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

I schedule Mondays like any other day. I'm scheduled from 7 to 14 days out at times so i just do the best i can squeezing stuff in during the week. I do keep Saturdays open for spill over work.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Jeez, the weeping of a contractor:cry:

4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I never had any luck w/ the concept of leaving Monday "open". Bean counters don't like the idea you might not have work. Even when I was on percentage, Monday was mostly full. I have tried to make sure the monday sched. had things on it that could be "pushed". I have had better luck keeping part of a day open on Tuesday. This gives a spot to fill in after you make the call back. If you don't fill the spot with weekend spill-over, you have all day Monday to adjust Tuesday's schedule.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I leave Monday mornings open until about 10:00 for me so I can make all the return calls from the weekend. But as usual something "important" creeps in there. I have a 9:00 tomorrow close to my house.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

This would be the same for any business, but I keep the weekends completely open & keep the week booked as solid as possible. If I don't have anything happen I get my weekend off.

7. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

Returned after installing a meter and other service work today. Today is the typical "Monday Madness" and I returned 21 calls. I am really good at knowing a customer, where they live and the condition of their system. This way I can schedule calls in the same area and know how much time they need. I try and schedule 8-10 service calls a day.