Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Norfolk, VA the crime has gotten out of control. It started with catalytic converters then car thefts it has now gone to during the day 'gangs' or groups of teens going after the worker vehicles. They are stealing tools and now are rummaging through the vehicles looking for wallets, phones and guns.
A landscaper was shot 3 times last week while the thugs tried to steal his whole rig. Another landscaper had a gun put to his chest and struggled with the 2 men. They stated if he just let go of the gun they would let him be. He did and then hid under his vehicle and they shot at him under the car.
This is crazy.
So my question is Do you carry while you work? How and what are you using?
It's like 100 degrees and I can hardly keep my soaking wet clothes on let alone figure out where and how to carry my gun.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The only reason I would carry at work would be for protection from bears but if I'm gonna go at it with a bear while mowing I think I would want to try and fight it with a shovel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here in Norfolk, VA the crime has gotten out of control. It started with catalytic converters then car thefts it has now gone to during the day 'gangs' or groups of teens going after the worker vehicles. They are stealing tools and now are rummaging through the vehicles looking for wallets, phones and guns.
A landscaper was shot 3 times last week while the thugs tried to steal his whole rig. Another landscaper had a gun put to his chest and struggled with the 2 men. They stated if he just let go of the gun they would let him be. He did and then hid under his vehicle and they shot at him under the car.
This is crazy.
So my question is Do you carry while you work? How and what are you using?
It's like 100 degrees and I can hardly keep my soaking wet clothes on let alone figure out where and how to carry my gun.

Thanks for your input!
I work in Norfolk. I haven't had any issues. I guess ignorance is bliss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts