how do you pull out tree stakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wolfpacklawn, Mar 5, 2002.

  1. wolfpacklawn

    wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member
    Messages: 120

    How do you pull out the metal tree stakes that have the metal posts in the ground (i think they are called t-posts). I' ve seen it done with a tractor and a chain but if you can't use a tractor what do you do?
  2. AL Inc

    AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,209

    Wolfpack- I can't find it right now but I know I saw something in the Northern catalog. It was a lever-type thing that lifted the post out of the ground. You might be able to find Good luck, Mike
  3. Planter

    Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah
    Messages: 214

    I use a handiman jack and a chain. A board on the bottom keeps it from sinking the jack.
  4. Mowingman

    Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas
    Messages: 4,714

    The company that makes "Hi-Lift" jacks, makes a tool called the "Post Popper". Item number is PP-300. Check out their website at
  5. Planter

    Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah
    Messages: 214

    That's exactly what I use, without the Post Popper. Just wrap a chain to the post, tie a knot in it and let the Hi-Lift jack it out.

Share This Page