Lawn Care Forum banner

How do you schedule daily crew work?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  grassmasterswilson 
#1 ·
I'm new to multiple mow crews and I'm still working out the kinks.

I run 2 crews of 2 men.

I have been giving each crew a daily mow list based on my grow hour rate. I then put a little side note to help with timing(maybe after the 4th property of the day it should be around 10am). I do this to help them not rush through properties and keep a check on details.

Do you run into problems if one crew works harder or does more Than the other? I have 1 crew with only 1 ztr operator. The other crew has 2 ztr operators.

How do you go about getting a list of properties scheduled? Any advice or tips?
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
SERVICE AUTO PILOT And guy behind SAP can help you grow your business with marketing advice See lawncaremillionaire.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah. I run sap but I'm trying to get a handle on how much daily work to figure on. I do a close out day everyday and enter the mow times for rash job. I need to find how to look at that report and see how they are doing.

Sometimes I don't give enough lawns and they ask for more or I give too many and they can't finish.

So I'm leaning towards really going over my coat with a fine tooth comb. I feel like I know the cost now....for the most part. I am makeing money and paying bills/buying equipment as needed without a worry.

So for example if my rate grosses me 600 per 8 hour day I will give them 600 worth of mow jobs then maybe an extra 1-2 if needed. Evaluate how it goes and then adjust from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.