1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

How does the Gravely 34 Z Cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tlvoskamp, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Tlvoskamp

Tlvoskamp LawnSite Member

I was looking into buying a 34z this fall and was wondering if anyone has had scalping issues with the fixed deck, or if it has not been an issue. I guess the bigger quetion is do you think a 34" ztr needs a floating deck or is a fixed deck adequate.

Thanks,

Tlvoskamp

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think it would be ok! I have a friend who uses an encore 34 and loves it for his gate issues.

3. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

The 34z cuts awesome, I recently purchased one for those yards with gate issues. I tried it on my own lawn and it performed so well that I am seriously considering checking out the other gravely z's. I will tell you though that my backyard slopes a bit and the little machine is NOT made for hills

4. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

3rd season with the 34z. The cut is good. As far as scalping, there is no problem if I watch where I am traveling. The manual deck lift is really easy to use. Hills, side to side takes a LOT of practice but is NOT like a bigger machine. But, climbing UP is good due to the power/weight. Going DOWN just do so with control. Going in fence gates-------YES!

5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

A deck that small should work fine I know two cutters here that have 34" z mowers there not gravely units there the orange mowers from nebraska but they work fine and seem to work good on eneven ground.