Lawn Care Forum banner

How does this bid sound

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  RedWingsDet 
#1 ·
356 yards of sod installed $3.50 a yard
8.14 yards of mulch $55.00 a yard installed
Topsoil 30 yards installed $49.00 per yard
pea gravel $58.00 for two tons
plus edging for walkway and two tons of pea gravel dont know how many hours to instal walk way it is 3' wide x 60' long will bid at $35.00 per man hour

total of bid without labor for walk is $3411.00

sound right? to high to low? proly think with edging and labor to instal walk way think the bid will be around $4,000.00

#2 ·
will also have to put tree rings around three trees to stop the crown rot with the higher grade as well as verticle mulch so the roots wont die again $35.00 per man hour

#11 ·
how much more should i raise my sod price? instal around here goes for $5 with the cost of sod included. how does the rest of the bid look?

#12 ·
northwest lawn said:
how much more should i raise my sod price? instal around here goes for $5 with the cost of sod included. how does the rest of the bid look?
I know some disagree with me, but If I were you, figure out your cost of all your materials, how much it'll cost your in labor. Add X amount of dollars for just incase something you forgot about comes up, then ad what you want to make, then add what ever you want your company to make, either a x amount of $ or like 36%.

I never EVER bid by the sq ft/yard, etc. There is way to much stuff to go wrong. Like what if its on a grade and you have to stake down the rolls, well those stakes cost $, so IMO i'd never bid by the sqft/yard.

I would bid around $6900-$7100, maybe even more. But again, different parts of country have different prices. Some parts of country only charge $20 a man hour, where I charge $40 a man hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.