1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How does TTTF compare to rye, blue.......

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Microbe, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

How does TTTF compare to bluegrass, ryegrass, or fine fescues? Texture on the feet, and beauty as a grass? Never used them before on my lawns. Are they better in shade, sun, part sun? I believe a fellow named "nocutting," has been using TTTF for a while..... thanks

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

The blades are kind of wide and it can grow really fast. Nice dark green though. Stripes nicely. I prefer bluegrass and fine fesques, but for areas with sandy soil or full sun without irrigation I think it's a good choice. That's what I just overseeded my lawn with mixed in with a little tri-rye.

3. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I'll put some of the new fine bladed TTTF against blues almost nayday ----in my region.

Up North --- you have a little better chance witht he blues. But around here Blues get annihalated by weeks in the hundreds. I have been seeding excluseively TTTF mixtures for years and they look great.

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just put down a 50# bag of TTTF on my lawn about 7-8 weeks ago and so far I am very impressed with it's growth. It is making my blue grass look bad. The TTTF is growing faster so it's taller then the blue when it's time to cut. I am trying to have a 80TTTF/20Blue mix. Right now it's about a 30TTTF/70 Blue.