Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the ground is pretty wet in the mornings and doesn't really dry out until around 10 or 11.Right now I only have a few customers but as I get busier I'll need to get started earlier.Doesn't all that moisture interfere with the mulching ability of the mowers?Also,do customers mind if you crank up all your equipment very early in the morning?How early do you guys get started every day?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Originally posted by scott's turf
We usually schedule the lawns so the "not so great lawns" are done first when it is wet and save the nice one for when it dries out.
Same Here. Usually start at 8:00.

I do see a guy on my way to work who mows a few commercial accounts. See him there every mon or tue around 6:30am. And he's usually done when I pass by.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by allstar
Also,do customers mind if you crank up all your equipment very early in the morning?
My customers work just like I do. I figure by 8:00 they should be up and off to work or close to it. Haven't had any complaints yet. However, on the occasional Saturday I may work, I may arrive at 8, but do "quiet" work until 9 or so.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Here is a link to a township ordinance that deals with early morning sound. Each town is different. This quote gives some insight into this topic.

"(b) Construction operations from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekends for which building permits have been issued, or construction operations not requiring permits due to ownership of the project by an agency of government; providing all equipment is operated in accord with the manufacturer's specifications, and with all standard equipment, and with manufacturer's mufflers and noise-reducing equipment in use, and in proper operating condition."

more info here.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
run from 9am to 8pm during the spring months
run from 8am to 9pm during the summer months
and then 8am to 8pm/7pm during the fall months
3:30am to 7pm during the winter months

·
Registered
975 Posts
Originally posted by tiedeman
run from 9am to 8pm during the spring months
run from 8am to 9pm during the summer months
and then 8am to 8pm/7pm during the fall months
3:30am to 7pm during the winter months
What, on God's green earth, are you doing at 3:30 am during the winter months? Are you really working, or are you posting threads on lawnsite?:D :dizzy:

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by work_it
What, on God's green earth, are you doing at 3:30 am during the winter months? Are you really working, or are you posting threads on lawnsite?:D :dizzy:
snow removal for commerical acccounts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
up at like 7 and in a lawn by 8.am

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.