1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How good are the Hustler SUPER WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Jul 18, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I have someone trying to sell me a Super WB 25 Kaw 54", I do not like how long they are and I believe Hustler quit making them? How well will they swing a fixed velkie? The reason I ask is because the length should really hurt them doing this.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler
    s Super WB is the BEST wb ever made!! They aren't much longer than any other WB of the same size deck. they are the easiest to operate and maneuver. I can use my 48" in places that I couldn't move a 36" belt drive. I run mine with a bulllrider sulky 90% of the time on properties as small as 2k. up to over 30k. They are fast tough smooth powerful and will do anything a similar size rider will and more.

Hustler lost A lot of my respect when they announced that they quit making them.

3. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

how are they on slantes and slopes trying to swing a fixed sulky, I have a 52 Lesco and they are way longer than that. I like the machine but they made it to long.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a older 52 lesco myself and a 36 belt lesco. the hustler is such a better machine It's hard to compare the two. the lescos are good mowers for the money ubt the hustoler Super WB is in a class by itself.
    It swings fine on slopes. Remember you have plenty of power there and if it does bind then just step off for a second. ( another advantage of a WB/sulky over a Z) My 48" SWB with bull rider is jjust under 8 ft long. The extra length and larger tires make it ride very smooth alowing you to cut faster over rougher ground. I just wish some one made a fixed sulky with larger tires.

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have never seen a single SW by Hustler cutting since last April 2005! Those guys who run them at one of gated communities that I do have accounts, have switched to Scag wildcat, so I guess it tells you something...
    Who in the world would buy a WB for $6500! I dont't care how fast how good blah, blah, blah, it comes down to the Z 's heel anytime.

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

Ya but I can get one for a good price, I am looking for something with a better cut than a Z and that will work good on tight slope areas. They are stupidly long for a walk mower. I find if you want a high end job a Z does not cut it.

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Super Walkbehinds are very nice mowers. With a fixed sulky you have one bad arse machine. Alot of peole knock these mowers cause they either dont know anything about them, cant afford one or have never ran one. I mean lets face it. You cant use a rider on EVERY property. So when you need a walkbehind I live to have the best one avail.

With that said ive been keeping my eyes open for a 54" SWB myself. Good luck.