1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How hard could it be?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

i hard would it be to ramp a 32 inch gear drive walk behind up into a truck bed. I have a dodge ram 4x4 so its pretty high up there. I know some of you work this way but most of you have trailers. This would just be temp.

2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

If you have any experience you shouldn't have any problem. The longer the ramps, the lesser the incline, or almost as important, the decline coming out of the truck. I do it occasionally swapping with crews or running to repair shop.
    Just make sure ramp is securely attached to truck.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Its quite easy but if your not careful or your brakes or belts slip you could have a 400 pound mower sitting on your legs. Never seen it but I have heard about it just take it easy.

4. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

I actually have a dodge ram 4x4. I have some aluminum ramps that are used for an ATV. I have gotten my exmark 48 into the bed of the truck. The faster you go the better as siad before just make sure the ramps are secured.